Fixed Forward Pricing
Enables you to purchase a fixed monthly volume of fuel, at a fixed price, for a specified future period (typically up to one year).Learn More
Capped Maximum Pricing
With our capped pricing option, an agreed maximum per-litre price is set for the duration of the contract, with no fixed minimum price.Learn more
PRISM - FAQs
The place to find all the answers to the frequently asked questions about PRISM our Price Risk Management range of services.Learn more
About fixed forward pricing
Our Fixed Forward Pricing (FFP) option enables you to purchase a fixed monthly volume of fuel, at a fixed price, for a specified future period (typically up to one year).
• Known fuel cost, removes uncertainty and aids the budgeting process
• Volume can be delivered across multiple delivery locations
• Ability to roll volume forward (subject to price agreement)
• 'Take or pay' will apply. Once committed to lift a specified volume, you must either take the agreed volume, or cover the cost of the product.
About Capped Maximum Pricing
With our capped pricing option, we'll set an agreed maximum per-litre price for the duration of your agreement, with no fixed minimum price.
If the market spot price falls below the capped maximum price, you pay the spot price during the whole period of your agreement. If the market spot price rises above the capped price, you only pay the agreed maximum price during your agreement.
Please note that all Capped Maximum Pricing contracts are subject to a pre agreed per-litre fee for the cap.
• Known maximum capped formula price
• No minimum price
• Capped price can apply to volume delivered across multiple locations
• 'Take or pay' will apply. Once committed to lift a specified volume, you must either take the agreed volume, or cover the cost of the capping fees for the product.
You will still be locked in to the price, but you will have price certainty allowing you to budget effectively.
In this instance a Capped Price contract would be recommended. For a fee per litre you can have a maximum price but if the market price is below the maximum then you pay the market price.
A forward price can be fixed at the market rate and you can simply pass it through your haulage contract to your customer.
We do not take the risk. We ensure that we are fully hedged and are therefore price neutral. Plus we are backed by World Fuel Services, a financially strong, NYSE listed entity.
Market structures change over time. Sometimes forward prices are above spot and sometimes below. We can give you the visibility to make informed purchasing decisions.