Watson Fuels are proud to be sponsoring the Environment and Sustainability Initiative of the Year. This award seeks to recognise teams that have introduced a specific project-based initiative to lower carbon emissions, boost the whole life sustainability of the project or is improving environmental sensitivity. At Watson Fuels, we’re passionate about helping construction companies achieve their sustainability goals and we’re excited to celebrate businesses that are leading the way.
The British Construction Industry Awards Ceremony will take place on Wednesday 11th October 2023, at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House Hotel in Mayfair, London, where the winning project team within our sponsored category will be revealed:
- Balfour Beatty Vinci - Thermal Recycling of Asbestos
- Bellway - Energy House 2.0
- Civil Engineering and Development Department of the Government of the HKSAR, Aecom Asia and China Road and Bridge Corporation - Pioneering use of construction material and advance technologies in Cross Bay Link, Hong Kong
- Costain, Vinci Construction Grands Projects and Bachy Soletanche JV - More by River Strategy
- C-Probe Systems - Low carbon resilient corrosion management of parking decks
- Skanska Construction UK - Electric arc furnace steel instead of basic oxygen furnace steel
- Skanska Costain Strabag JV Railways - Electric piling rig
- Yorkshire Water, Stantec, Ward and Burke and Gurney Environmental - Hollym, Myers Lane Wastewater Treatment Works
- Zetteler - The Black & White Building's engineered timber superstructure
Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of how this initiative could improve environmental or sustainability performance on this project.
- Demonstrate how the work will add climate resilience or deliver carbon reduction (embodied or operational) to the completed project.
- Actively rolled out the initiative, developed or tailored specifically for this project during the design or delivery phase.
- Clear evidence of the impact of this initiative.
- Demonstrated how their initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area.
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry through this initiative.
The BCIAs are the construction sector’s most respected Awards. For more information on the BCIA awards, please click here.